By KEVIN CIRILLI | 4/4/13 11:11 AM EDT Meet Kim Jong Un, the young and inexperienced North Korea dictator who is threatening to nuke America. Here are 10 things to know about him:
1. A fan of musician Eric Clapton and actor Keanu Reeves, according to The New York Times.+
2. His mother reportedly called him the “Morning Star King” when he was growing up for reasons that remain unclear.3. His haircut reportedly set a hair trend in North Korea and South Koreans have speculated that he underwent plastic surgery to look more like his father, as noted by The Atlantic.
4. Inner circle includes his trusted aunt Kim Kyong-Hui and her husband, Jang Sung-Taek, who are each 66, according to ABC News. The North Korean power couple reportedly help advise him, even meeting with Chinese diplomats at times.
5. He is the son of the late-North Korean dictator of Kim Jong-il and the dead dictator’s late-third wife Ko Yong-hui. His name is written as both Kim Jong-un and Kim Jong Un, with news outlets using both iterations.
6. The North Korean public did not even know Kim existed until a few years before his father died, when he was introduced as a possible successor.
7. Little is known about his childhood, including his actual birthdate. Though North Korea recognizes Jan. 8 as Kim’s official birthday and a national holiday, it remains unclear whether he was born in 1983 or 1984.
8. Pundits were largely unsure about whether Kim would be a worse dictator than his father, but concern increased in December, when the new dictator tested long-range missiles, such as when he did in December.
9. He’s not just a fan of former NBA player Dennis Rodman, who he met with earlier this year, but he also likes Michael Jordan. Like his father, Kim is a huge basketball fan — so much so that some reports have suggested it borders on obsession. His father even invited Jordan to North Korea in 2001, a visit which the retired superstar declined.
10. Attended the International Berne School in Switzerland under a pseudonym so as not to be recognized. He wasn’t the smartest kid, failing some math and science classes, according to The Daily Telegraph. His highest marks were in music and technical studies.
Kim Jong-un - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-un ~
Kim Jong-un: Can US trust North Korea leader to act rationally? @CSMonitor.com http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2013/0403/Kim-Jong-un-Can-US-trust-North-Korea-leader-to-act-rationally ~
Kim Jong Un is owning the media right now ~via @ForeignPolicy: http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/04/04/kim_jong_un_is_owning_the_media_right_now ~
Comment: This Kim is an insane psychotic. For sure, North Korea needs another socialist democratic revolution. Sad how it has devolved into an authoritarian lunatic governed fascist state. In fact, I am not sure if it really is fascist as I am not sure what kind of corporations it actually. Corporativism must be an element of any fascist state, such as the U.S.A. ~Che Peta
Key Profiles, Bios + Links Blog
HELP Portal ~ http://help-matrix.ning.com/ ~
Peta_de_Aztlan Blog ~ http://peta-de-aztlan.blogspot.com/ ~ @Peta_de_Aztlan